Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Saying goodbye is one of the hardest things I think to be done no matter how well you feel prepared or have done it.  I had to say goodbye to my sister and her husband as they took off for a new adventure in Soul, South Korea.  They are going to be teaching in a international school for two years with one trip paid home in between.  I have grown very close to her since our move to Virginia, and it was hard but important to say goodbye.  I definately did it in my own way while she did in hers.  She has great words for people while I feel like I do things for them instead.  We shared a "last American meal" together the night before they flew out that included turkey (since they don't serve turkey in Korea), mac and cheese, home grown green beans, salad with home grown lettuce and cucumbers, and corn casserole (on Jarrod's request). Then for dessert, we had cream puffs, a treat from my and Steph's childhood.  We played games and enjoyed each other's company. Stephen enjoyed playing in the front yard with Uncle Jarrod and Aunt Stephanie. He will sure miss them. I am so happy that Stephen had this time with them so that he built a relationship with them and knows them. Then, on Wednesday morning, we had cheese danishes, which has become a traditional breakfast food at our house.  After that, Jarrod's parents came and we all went to the airport.  We had a great time with them and are excited to see what God has in store for their future. I am already counting the days until I will see my sister (and my best friend) again.  We love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff Denise! We're glad that you gave them such a good send off! You are a great blessing to us all! We love you and Peter, have been praying for you and the boys! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so sweet! you always know how to make things special and do such a good job at it. We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete