Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

A great Birthday surprise

I not only have the best friends ever, a great husband and sweet kids, but an amazing sister too! I was so blessed this year for my birthday. I thought that it was going to be nothing special or out of the ordinary but then, after my appointment that morning, I was able to have a great lunch and special time with my dad at his place in Woodstock. We had lunch on the deck and Scott and I enjoyed some good conversation with him. Then I took the boys home for a little nap and had plans to have dinner for the kids and play time with one of my friends who was going to watch the boys so Peter and I could go out to a movie that night. Little did I know that when I showed up to her house I would have a surprise party waiting for me with some of my closest friends! It was great... lovely weather, good food, and a birthday cake and all!
That night Peter and I took off on a night out alone! It was the first one in a long time. We rode his motorcycle (which was quite fun) and then had dinner and watched Grown Ups at Alamo Draft house. It was a good evening with my number one man.
Then we had a get-together at our house on Sunday for the 4th of July and I asked my sis to help me out and bring a dessert. She and Jarrod showed up to the house and had a birthday cake! Twice in one year I was surprised! I love you very much and am so thankful for you, Steph!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend your birthday! So happy to hear that it was a special day....

    ReplyDelete