Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Parting is such sweet sorrow...


I took Steph and Marc to the airport yesterday and sent her back to Seoul, South Korea for another 10 months. I had a great time with my sister while she was here and bonded with Marc over the time we were together. Marc and I hit it off, kinda like he remembered me from the week I was able to spend with him when he was just a month old. While Jarrod was back in Korea about 2 weeks earlier than Steph, I was able to help her out taking care of him and giving her some much needed breaks. Sometimes Marc would be so fussy and within minutes of me singing and rocking him, he would fall asleep in my arms! It was precious! I am so thankful to have this special time with him. I am going to miss the late night singing, card playing, and special sister time with Steph. It was great to see my little sister being such a great Mommy, and sharing the moments of this summer with her. I can't wait to see the changes in my little nephew, him growing, learning to walk, talk, eat and be a little man! I know that Steph andJarrod will do their best by him and lean on God to grow him to the full man he will become! I am so excited to see the changes but a little sad not to be able to witness them myself... Scottand Stephen also are going through a little Marc and Steph withdrawal. Today when we got up and went to the farmers Market, they wondered if Steph and Marc would be coming too. I reminded them we took them to the airport yesterday and with a little sad look they remembered. Steph and Stephen really hit it off and Scott loved Marc to the fullest, even having tantrums when he wasn't allowed to get close as not to give his fever to Marc. I know that even though there are many miles between us, the love our family has for Uncle, Aunt T, and Marc will span the distance many times over.
Thanks for the fun memories and I look forward to next summer with great anticipation for the memories to come. You guys have left great impressions on our family.

3 comments:

  1. We loved spending time with your family this summer! Thank you for all the love you've poured out to us- and we'll keep "spanning the distance" while apart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one made me tear up a little bit, I have to admit; what a wonderful way to spend the summer.

    Sweet pictures, too! I remember the ones from last summer... : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you my sister! you are so special to me! Marc misses your arms and your sweet voice singing to him... we will need to skype sooon!

    ReplyDelete