Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11th 2010


.Today marks the anniversary of a very sad day in our history. But one of the great things about living in a small town is that we celebrate life and get together as a community. Maybe it just coincided with September 11th this year, maybe it was a fall kick-off, I am not sure but it was a blast!
We went out this morning to go to the farmer's market and found a street full of sales, people and music. The Farmer's Market was busy as usual, with yummy produce. This is where I normally get my fruit, since I enjoy the time with the boys, love fresh locally grown fruit and want to support our farmers. We then headed around the streets hitting up some "yard sales" which lined Main Street and we found some great deals. Next we went home and found Dad going to play golf so I decided to take the kids to the park.
While at the park, we found a bounce house, games, local vendors, free hot dogs and pop corn, and a singer performing on the stage. Stephen and I decided after playing at the park for a little while and having a snack that we would try our hand at some of the games. Little did we know that there was going to be a "Minute to Win It" official game going on. Stephen and I both played and I won for the women, competing in the games of "junk in your trunk" and "Separation Anxiety". Our times were the best in the region so I am looking for an NBC casting call. :) Stephen came in first for the boys in "volcano drop" with a time of 5.42 seconds! It was so fun! Scottie played in the duck pond and fishing games and got some fun prizes with his tickets. We had a blast!! Hope your day was as good as ours. Enjoy the video of Stephen in his "Minute To Win It" glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment