Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fun in Williamsburg



We took a mini-vacation to Williamsburg, stayed in a beautiful hotel, and had fun with Granddad, Aunt Christiana, and Uncle Caleb at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA!

Shaun did a fantastic job traveling, at the parks, and sleeping so everyone else could sleep! The boys loved going to Busch Gardens, riding the rides, playing in the water areas, and watching some of the shows. Mom had a great time taking the kids around to the different areas with different people most of the time while Dad and the others went on all the roller coasters. I did get my turn too to go on the ones I wanted!

The Griffin was my favorite ride and I got to do it with my brother Caleb and Christiana~ who rode her first coaster this trip! She is fitting right in with the fam becoming a coaster fein too. The boys really loved the Forest of Fun with the Sesame Street characters and the Land of Dragons. Scottie is the adventurous one and went on all the rides he was tall enough for, going on Elmo's Spire and Oscar's Worm with Uncle Caleb. Stephen loved the Elephant Run and the water works. All in all, the boys have great memories in Bushie-da-Gardens (as we called it growing up) and hopefully we can make it a yearly tradition!

The next day we went to Water Country USA and had a blast at the water park. Stephen and Scott played in the kid area most of the day while Peter, Caleb, Christiana and Dad hit all the major water slides. (I was ok with it as I am not a huge water slide person... and I met a nice lady from Canada with a boy 3 months old who kept me occupied with Shaun.) The boys did go on the huge life raft rides with the older guys and had a blast. I can't wait to make these parks summer traditions and go again next year!

1 comment:

  1. This year we took the kids to Hershey Park in PA, we were debating about Busch Gardens, but will have to try there next year, Looks like fun!!!

    ReplyDelete