Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!
























These are the moments that made Mother's Day so special. I started the day with my big boy. He said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Did you find my card?" I did. I knew it was from Stephen as soon as I saw it. It was a yellow piece of construction paper with a cut out heart that said, I love you folded and hidden under my pillow. He beamed! Then because Scottie, Shaun and Dad were still sleeping, we went downstairs. "Mom, I am big now so I can make you breakfast. What would you like?" he said next. "I need coffee and maybe a bagel with cream cheese." "I can do that." he said. "Can you show me how to do the coffee?"And so I did. Then we sat together and ate bagels. It was fantastic. I am so glad for my Oldest son. God blessed me with a boy who has a servant's heart. I only want to nurture it. Then Shaun woke up. He gave me baby kiss after baby kiss as he seemed to know it was a special day. Again, another blessing.
Scottie got up then and Stephen ran to him and told him to come and give me a big kiss and hug... with Happy Mother's Day coming out of his mouth. 
Another blessing!

We went to church for Sunday School where I attend the "Imperfect Mom's"class. It was a blessing. We learned about rejecting safety and embracing the battle. Not running from and mothering from the defense but to be on offense. Going into battle knowing that God already defeated all that will try to attack us, our family, our children. Knowing that God already knows all the days of our children and wants what is best for us and them.
Another blessing.

Then after church we went down to my Dad's house on the Shenandoah River. We ate some yummy food prepared by Dad and Peter, then just hung out at the river throwing rocks, finding river glass, looking at flowers, and swinging on the rope swing. Shaun even enjoyed the river. He loved the trees and trying to reach the leaves that teased him. It was just what I wanted. Time with family. Quality time. Time that has eluded us as of late. Peter has been traveling a lot lately and these quiet moments, moments watching my boys play with their Daddy, throwing rocks, being swung, then walking back to the house with MY Daddy, these are the moments my heart yearns for. 
Another Blessing.

Thank you, Jesus, for showing me all these blessings, giving me a family, the privilege to be called "Mommy."
I hope you are able to find the blessings you were given.

Thank you to all the other Mommies out there. You are courageous women and have been given a great job~ the best one, Motherhood. I challenge you to seek the face of God in each task you do and count them all as blessings!

2 comments:

  1. love this. thanks for sharing your perspective. so glad you found such beauty in your day with your family.
    I LOVE that Stephen wanted to make you coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Denise.
    Very well written.
    Love the pictures from your day!
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete