Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

What a Week!

This week we added a new member to our family!  He is around 16 pounds, black and white, and will grow to be a horse! Peter has always wanted a Great Dane and I have never felt the need to have a dog that will outweigh me, but since this year will be his 30th birthday, I thought it deserved a present that would fulfill a dream of his since he was a little boy.  His name is Sir Boots von Ville, but we call him Boots for short. He is turning out to be a great family addition.  Roxy didn't know what to think at first but she is learning to be a great big sister dog to him.
Other activities that we have done this week are going to the pool for the first time, Joelle Cole and David Cole's high school graduation parties and celebrated Father's day.  The men~ Caleb, Peter, my Dad, and Granddad~ went out to play golf and then we had a rib dinner after they came home.  We ended the meal with a raspberry cobbler that I made for the first time and it was delicious! Joelle, my cousin, graduated on the 12 of June from the school I coached at with a couple of the other girls I coached. It was a great ceremony and it was fun to see some of my girls again. Joelle will be going to Liberty University in the fall.  David, another cousin, graduated from Broad Run High School with an Air Force ROTC scholarship to the University of Alabama. We are proud of them both. My brother also came home from the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, so I look forward to seeing and spending some time with him this vacation.  He will be returning in 2 and 1/2 weeks to go through the academy's SEAR training course. He just finished jump school, and had 5 jumps out of a perfectly good aircraft.  He said it was a blast! I will just believe him (since I am scared of heights)!

2 comments:

  1. don't know if my last comment was saved or not...

    what a busy week for you guys!! the collages are adorable. hope you have a great birthday tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you have a new dog! I leave you for 3 weeks and look what you do! ;) Boots is a fun addition to your family... love you sister - hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete