Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

So this Mother's Day was super special. Earlier in the week we found out we are expecting another gift from God! New baby Steyaert is due January 1, 2011. I have my first ultrasound appointment later this week for a more accurate due date. Peter didn't believe the first test because he said that the line was too faint and that all tests would show a little line so I went and got one of the digital ones so there would be no debating the issue...
Stephen and Scottie made Mommy cards, Daddy helped cook for the Mother's Day luncheon at church where we had salad, salmon, marinated chicken, potato salad, hot dogs for the kids, and yummy strawberry shortcake for dessert. Unfortunately, I was feeling pretty ill that morning so I really didn't get to enjoy the food as much as I wanted to. Later that day, Peter took Stephen to the driving range for some bonding time and I took Scottie to the park to run off some steam. It was sweet time since Scott and I don't get much alone time together other than when he is sleeping. It is neat to see him come into his own personality.

The bigger boys returned home a little later with a beautiful boquet of flowers (which was pink for girls according to Stephen) and a nice cake. It was all in all a good day! I love my family!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Denise, what a great Mother's Day present! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥♥♥AWWWW!!! YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you, Denise! ♥♥♥ Miss you. Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound. Maybe we can get together for a walk later in the week to catch up? Hope you are feeling okay!! Sending you lots of love....

    ReplyDelete