Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October!

So October is here and with it is the cold weather! As I am out running in the mornings with my friends and it is in the 40's, it is cold! Then it is still cloudy and chilly throughout the day. Fall is finally upon us I believe! So now is the time for pumpkins (Scottie's newest favorite thing), cookies, and dressing up! Stephen and Scottie got a "Boo" last night, which is a package on the front door of some goodies that goes around the neighborhood. You aren't supposed to know who you get the package from and then you are to "boo" two of your neighbors. It is a really fun October tradition in our neighborhood. So we got ours yesterday. Scottie won't stop carrying around his pumpkin basket that he received. Stephen got a bat the first year we were here and he still carries his treasures around in it. I wasn't so sure how I felt about it, since it is in celebration of Halloween, which I am not sure how I feel about either. But the boys loved it. They were so excited and even more excited to "treat" some of our neighbors.We gave them some coloring books and candy, or a cake mix and frosting with a fall mug. Then we weren't playing into the "Halloween" stuff, but it was still fun. I am not sure with all the spiritual relm and stuff what to do about this "holiday." I have a conviction not to participate but then I just see my kids dressing up and having a great timewith their friends and getting some candy. What do you think? I would love to hear what you have to say!!
Here are some updated pics of us. Hope you like the ones of the boys together! They are such good brothers. And look at our horse! He has grown so big! (forgive the pic of me... I am in confies and not looking my best!)

No comments:

Post a Comment