Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Changes..


There has been many changes this past year in the Steyaert house... from a new baby, to pottytraining, to organized sports starting, but none as big as Stephen starting school. Yesterday I signed up Stephen for Kindergarden... is that even possible? I seem to remember just like it was yesterday the day he was born... and the hours it took to bring him into this world.Now I am getting ready for my boy to go off to Kindergarden, for a full day, and haven't been without him for longer than a couple of hours~ other than my trip to Korea~ since he was born. He was so excited though... we went to the school and he said, "Scottie, this is going to be my school next week." (as everything is next week to him if it is in the future...) Then we met the office staff and one of the kindergarden teachers and he just beamed. It was as though he was totally ready for this adventure. Me on the other hand, not so much... I can't imagine my life without my big boy around... having Scottie by myself for hours a day and him wondering where his big brother is, a new baby in the mix, and homework... Did you know they give homework in kindergarden??? I thought I would still have a few years to work homework out.. He has his testing on May 10th to see where he will be placed for reading and math academies... I know he will do great on the test but man, welcome to school! Here is your first test. Oh well... Big adventures here we come!!

2 comments:

  1. haha next thing you'll know he will be going to college! :) good thing there is a lot "in-between"... like GIRLS! Love my big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! I feel the exact same way. I'm so not ready for homework, myself... It all just goes by so quickly, you know? Have a great day- nice and warm at home!

    Love,

    katie

    ReplyDelete