Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

February In a nutshell...

February was both happy and sad. Peter was gone for a good portion of it, leaving the kids missing their Daddy and mom more tired than usual. Baby grew a bunch, or at least Mommy did. It was an emotional month with the happiness of Valentine's Day, but the bitter sweetness of loosing my Meme to her fight with Pulmonary Fibrosis and her eventual reunion with our Savior and ultimate healing. We went to a funeral at the end of the month that was also bitter sweet. It was hard to say "good bye" to a special woman, one who was a prayer warrior for her entire family, but was very nice to see the rest of our Ohio family. Stephen and Scottie had a great time playing with their Uncle Caleb, cousins Victoria and Caleb, and seeing many other members of our family we haven't seen in a long time. I enjoyed time with my sister who is due with her 3rd baby 3 weeks before me and seeing friends and family I haven't seen in a longtime. Peter was able to have some good guy time with Craig, our brother in law.

We finished the month off by celebrating Bobbie-Mom's birthday with a nice dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse in Front Royal where Scottie was scared out of his mind at the fire and the guy making the fire. He was like "Mommy, I'm scared. Fire is bad!!" and then went and hid behind me and under my jacket until the chef was done cooking. Then he could come out and eat until someone else at another table started their fire cooking. Stephen loved it and it was fantastic food! The kids wanted to bring her some balloons so we picked some up and some flowers and brought them to the restaurant with us. It was a good night.

We also had a little taste of spring a couple of days this month. We had a few days in the 60s with one almost 70! We took advantage of these days by going to the park, playing outside with our friends, playing baseball in the front yard, and riding bikes. The flowers say that spring is on its way with our crocuses and tulips coming up. The crocuses are beautiful little flowers and the tulips have just peeked out... I can't wait for the colors of spring!!
One of the biggest events of the month was that my nephew, Marc, celebrated his 1st birthday! I was not able to celebrate with him but I was able to sing to him and send him a birthday package with cards made from my boys to him. We were not there physically but I was so there in spirit! Happy 1st birthday, Marc!!!

Now on to the next month... Hopefully I will take more pictures, but it will be challenging with my pocket camera broken.... Things to look forward to in March ~ the start of t-ball for Stephen, a trip to Ohio to visit cousins, potty training, and so much more! Thanks for hanging in there and I will try to do better on updates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment