Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Countdown to Korea

So I am going to Korea! I am so excited to go and meet my nephew Marc Charles! He was born on February 27th and I will be the first family to visit. My countdown is 7 days now. With this comes a lot of anxiety though. I will be leaving behind my kids for this trip. The only other time that I have been separated from them is when my husband and I went away for a ski vacation for the weekend to Seven Springs for Valentines Day before Scottie was born. This will be a test for both parties and for Peter as he will now be the primary caretaker of them while I am away.

Now, on Monday morning I sit here unable to sleep and just thinking about being away from my kids in a little more than 48 hours... That is eye opening. Tons of thoughts run through my head as I prepare to go see my Sister and leave my children and husband. When the kids wake up on Wednesday, they will get a surprise, Mommy won't be home. I will have to say goodbye to them the night before as I will leave at 5 am to catch an 8:30 flight. I am so excited to get to Korea but my stomach is "narfach" or nervous to be leaving my house, kids and husband as this is what I chose to do with my life. I know it will be good for all parties involved but I will miss my snuggle time with my boys, putting them to bed, reading them stories, making "treats" and dinner with them, and hearing Scottie call out "mom-mommy"when he wants me. I just hope that he does well for my friend Jenny who is stepping into my place as Peter just started a new job and couldn't take time off from work. Stephen told me yesterday that he was going to be "the best big helper" so I hope he does well too. I know kids are resilient but I sure will miss them...

2 comments:

  1. :( I am SOOO excited to see you and have you come here... but I am almost in tears thinking about you leaving your boys! How much my perspective has changed in these few short weeks! Thank-you for sacrificing for me, I need you!
    love you so much - can't wait to hug you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm soo glad you are still able to take this trip! I know that you will be missed while you are gone as you are leaving part of your heart behind. But I'm so glad that you can be an encouragement to Jarrod and Stephanie during this time!

    ReplyDelete