Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Marc Charles Puffenbarger

I was on pins and needles when my brother in law, Jarrod called me on Thursday, February 25th saying, "I need Dad's phone number and be praying for Steph. Her water broke and we are headed to the hospital." She was 34 and 1/2 weeks along. So I went over to my friend Jenny's house and prayed. I was a mess. This wasn't how it was supposed to happen. I was supposed to be there to help her out and teach her about being a mom. This was not my plan... But it was God's plan and His way is perfect. I heard nothing after a brief phone call later saying she is stable and they are giving the drug to speed up the development of baby's lungs. I was still a mess. I called my Dad to see if he heard anything and he said to my anxiousness, "Denise, worry is not of God. The best thing we can do is PRAY!" Then on Friday when I called dad he said she was resting comfortably. Then, I get a call around 4:30 on Friday from my sister and brother all the way in Korea on Skype and they announced the arrival of my newest Nephew, Marc Charles Puffenbarger. He was born February 27th, at 4:59 am Korea time (2:59 pm February 26th) 2.2kg but he was a "lil' Champ!" They are now home and mom and baby are doing great! This is definitely a testimony to the miracle God has given to their family that he is healthy, eating well and home so soon after birth. Praise God for answering these prayers given by so many for this new family. Thank you to all my friends for going to God on our behalf. Congratulations new parents. I can't wait to see how God enriches your life with this new life! It will be a grand adventure! Can't wait to see you in T minus 23 days and meet little Marc!
This is Marc's first picture with his parents!

I know I will be late but I wanted to throw him a birthday party since he will be 1 in Korea! So I am going to bring my teddy bear mold and make him a cake! So my only question is what day are we celebrating as his birthday?? :) Congradulations again! He's beautiful.

Stephen and Scott are anxiously waiting to meet their new cousin this summer. In Scotties words "baba" when he saw the pictures of Marc on the screen. Stephen can't wait to see his Uncle and Aunt and loves to talk to him on the computer. (Really I think that he likes to see himself through the camera as well as talk to them.) I love the relationship they have with my little boys and can't wait to bond with Marc as well!

5 comments:

  1. He's absolutely perfect! You get to hold a BRAND NEW BABY in just a few weeks, Denise! What a beautiful post. Hope all is well your way- Nicholas is SICK. Bummer. : ( Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, he's here! One day he'll know of all the love he has on this side of the world! Can't wait for that day! Hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you!! SOOOO can't wait to see you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, I loved reading your post! It was so neat to hear about little Marc's birth from your perspective! We appreciate your prayers, encouragement, and excitement with us. We're really looking forward to seeing you soon sister!

    ReplyDelete